"These appetizers can be assembled ahead and frozen before baking," says Patricia Kile, Elizabethtown, Pennsylvania.
9 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 can (6-1/2 ounces) minced clams
- 2 tablespoons diced onion
- 5 tablespoons butter, divided
- 3-1/2 teaspoons King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Dash salt
- 9 slices bread, crusts removed
- Drain clams, reserving juice; set aside. In a small skillet, saute
- onion in 1 tablespoon butter until tender. Stir in flour until
- blended. Gradually add the horseradish, garlic powder,
- Worcestershire sauce, salt and reserved clam juice. Bring to a boil;
- cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from heat;
- stir in clams.
- Flatten bread with a rolling pin. Melt remaining butter; brush one
- side of each slice of bread. Spread with clam mixture; roll up.
- Brush with remaining butter; sprinkle with paprika.
- Cut rolls into thirds; place on a greased baking sheet. Bake at
- 425° for 5-8 minutes or until lightly browned. Serve warm.