- 1 can (6-1/2 ounces) minced clams
- 2 tablespoons diced onion
- 5 tablespoons butter, divided
- 3-1/2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Dash salt
- 9 slices bread, crusts removed
- 1. Drain clams, reserving juice; set aside. In a small skillet, saute onion in 1 tablespoon butter until tender. Stir in flour until blended. Gradually add the horseradish, garlic powder, Worcestershire sauce, salt and reserved clam juice. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from heat; stir in clams.
- 2. Flatten bread with a rolling pin. Melt remaining butter; brush one side of each slice of bread. Spread with clam mixture; roll up. Brush with remaining butter; sprinkle with paprika.
- 3. Cut rolls into thirds; place on a greased baking sheet. Bake at 425° for 5-8 minutes or until lightly browned. Serve warm. Yield: 27 appetizers.
3 each: 0 calories, 0g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 0mg sodium, 0g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 0g protein
Reviews for Clam-Ups
"The Clam-Ups were nothing special, they were alright, really. Next time, I'll probably make them with the biscuit dough or the crescent dough like the other review suggested. The appetizer got mixed review from my family. My fiance really liked them, but my sister didn't."
"could use small party bread or crescent rolls"