Clam Stuffing Bake
It seemed like Mom was always standing at her old black stove, coming up with recipes. This was one of the oldtime favorites. I loved stuffed clams any time of the year. I buy them fresh when in season and save the shells. Then, when I can't buy them fresh, I use canned. —Lillian Butler
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 tablespoons each chopped celery, green pepper and sweet red pepper
- 4-1/2 teaspoons chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup shredded carrot
- 1 cup seasoned stuffing mix
- 1 can (6-1/2 ounces) minced clams, drained
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon juice
- In a small saucepan, saute the celery, peppers and onion in 1
- tablespoon butter until almost tender. Stir in broth and carrot.
- Bring to a boil. Stir in stuffing mix. Remove from the heat; cover
- and let stand for 5 minutes. Stir in clams.
- Transfer to two 6-oz. ramekins or custard cups coated with cooking
- spray. Melt remaining butter; stir in lemon juice. Drizzle over the
- stuffing mix. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 15-20 minutes or
- until heated through and golden brown. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup equals 268 calories, 13 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 46 mg cholesterol, 1,254 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 11 g protein.