Clam Stuffing Bake Recipe
- 2 tablespoons each chopped celery, green pepper and sweet red pepper
- 4-1/2 teaspoons chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup shredded carrot
- 1 cup seasoned stuffing mix
- 1 can (6-1/2 ounces) minced clams, drained
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1. In a small saucepan, saute the celery, peppers and onion in 1 tablespoon butter until almost tender. Stir in broth and carrot. Bring to a boil. Stir in stuffing mix. Remove from the heat; cover and let stand for 5 minutes. Stir in clams.
- 2. Transfer to two 6-oz. ramekins or custard cups coated with cooking spray. Melt remaining butter; stir in lemon juice. Drizzle over the stuffing mix. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until heated through and golden brown. Yield: 2 servings.
1 cup: 268 calories, 13g fat (7g saturated fat), 46mg cholesterol, 1254mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 11g protein .
Reviews for Clam Stuffing Bake
"Sorry but this left me dissapointed. Couldn't get the clam taste maybe use 2 cans and the stuffing was mushy. I was thinking that it would be similar to Clams Casino but the fell short."
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.