Clam Stuffing Bake Recipe
It seemed like Mom was always standing at her old black stove, coming up with recipes. This was one of the oldtime favorites. I loved stuffed clams any time of the year. I buy them fresh when in season and save the shells. Then, when I can't buy them fresh, I use canned. Lillian Butler Stratford, Connecticut
- 2 tablespoons each chopped celery, green pepper and sweet red pepper
- 4-1/2 teaspoons chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup shredded carrot
- 1 cup seasoned stuffing mix
- 1 can (6-1/2 ounces) minced clams, drained
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon juice
- In a small saucepan, saute the celery, peppers and onion in 1 tablespoon butter until almost tender. Stir in broth and carrot. Bring to a boil. Stir in stuffing mix. Remove from the heat; cover and let stand for 5 minutes. Stir in clams.
- Transfer to two 6-oz. ramekins or custard cups coated with cooking spray. Melt remaining butter; stir in lemon juice. Drizzle over the stuffing mix. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until heated through and golden brown. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Clam Stuffing Bake in Reminisce September/October 2004, p50
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Clam Stuffing Bake(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review