- 24 large fresh mushrooms
- 2 cans (6-1/2 ounces each) minced clams, drained
- 3/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons Italian seasoning
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley flakes
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 cups butter, melted, divided
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Remove mushroom stems (discard or save for another use); set caps aside. In a large bowl, combine the clams, bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, green pepper, onion, garlic, Italian seasoning, parsley and pepper. Stir in 3/4 cup butter. Fill each mushroom cap with about 1 tablespoon clam mixture.
- Place in an ungreased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese; drizzle with remaining butter. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned. Serve warm. Yield: 2 dozen.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Clam-Stuffed Mushrooms
Sort By :
"I have been making these mushrooms for many years. They are delicious Exactly as the recipe is written. . It is a lot of butter but they come out so good! I usually make them for holidays. I always chop the peppers and onion really fine. I have made them in large stuffing mushrooms but also small size mushrooms."
"Very delicious! I omit the italian seasoning and use italian seasoned bread crumbs, it worked out fine. You definitely want to chop the green pepper very fine, the first time I made them the peppers were a little strong so I put in half as much the next time and it was much better."
"We loved these mushrooms. I made half the recipe using baby bellas to try it out. Next time I need to chop the green pepper more finely."
"Loved this recipe because it wasn't another cream cheese muschroom recipe. It was very good! The mixture filled more than 24 mushrooms. It is alot of butter too. I think next time I will use 1/2 cup to mix in the clam mixture, and only 1/2 c to drizzle on top. I loved the green pepper. Thanks for a great recipe!"
"Good recipe. I did use panko bread crumbs...love the texture. Also left out the mozzerella and the green peppers and just "eyeballed" the bread crumb amount and used only one can of clams. To be honest...i made 24 mushrooms with my modifications and had extra leftover crumb mixture ...either someone is using huge mushrooms *i used button* or you will have extra leftover! will make again. great and super easy!"