Clam-Stuffed Mushrooms Recipe
- 24 large fresh mushrooms
- 2 cans (6-1/2 ounces each) minced clams, drained
- 3/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons Italian seasoning
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley flakes
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 cups butter, melted, divided
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1. Remove mushroom stems (discard or save for another use); set caps aside. In a large bowl, combine the clams, bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, green pepper, onion, garlic, Italian seasoning, parsley and pepper. Stir in 3/4 cup butter. Fill each mushroom cap with about 1 tablespoon clam mixture.
- 2. Place in an ungreased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese; drizzle with remaining butter. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned. Serve warm. Yield: 2 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 140 calories, 13 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 35 mg cholesterol, 220 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.