Clam Fritters Recipe
We had clam fritters every time we went to Rhode Island. I looked for a recipe and finally found this one. Now we have them whenever we want.
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (6-1/2 ounces) minced clams
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1/3 cup diced onion
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- Tartar sauce and/or lemon wedges, optional
- 1. In a bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, salt and pepper; set aside. Drain clams, reserving 2 tablespoons juice; set clams aside. In a small bowl, beat the egg, milk and reserved clam juice; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Add the clams and onion.
- 2. In an electric skillet or deep-fat fryer, heat oil to 375°. Drop batter by tablespoonfuls into oil. Fry for 2-3 minutes or until golden brown, turning occasionally. Drain on paper towels. Serve fritters with tartar sauce and/or lemon wedges if desired. Yield: 14-16 fritters.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC