- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (6-1/2 ounces) minced clams
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1/3 cup diced onion
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- Tartar sauce and/or lemon wedges, optional
- In a bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, salt and pepper; set aside. Drain clams, reserving 2 tablespoons juice; set clams aside. In a small bowl, beat the egg, milk and reserved clam juice; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Add the clams and onion.
- In an electric skillet or deep-fat fryer, heat oil to 375°. Drop batter by tablespoonfuls into oil. Fry for 2-3 minutes or until golden brown, turning occasionally. Drain on paper towels. Serve fritters with tartar sauce and/or lemon wedges if desired. Yield: 14-16 fritters.
Reviews for Clam Fritters
Sort By :
"Really good. I used green onions instead and added some garlic and onion powder. Made a Sriracha tartar sauce. Hubby gobbled right down!"
"kcheyoreo why don't you post your recipe of clam fritters so we can try them??"
"We thought these lacked flavor, and I'm sure I followed the recipe exactly. The consistency was good, and they fried up nicely, but they definitely needed to be dipped in tartar sauce."
"I am so excited to try this recipe! Finally, a fun new way to eat clams!"
"These fritters are tasty and easy to make. We won't be waiting for the fair to come to have these babies. They are light and crispy on the outside and chewy good on the inside. I love the onions in this recipe. I did however chop them much, much smaller than diced. Have made them many times now. My husband loves them. See them pictured on my page