- 3 cans (6-1/2 ounces each) minced clams
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, cubed
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons minced chives
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 drops hot pepper sauce
- 2 round loaves (1 pound each) sourdough bread
- Drain two cans of clams and discard liquid. Drain remaining can, reserving the liquid. In a food processor, combine the clams, cream cheese, parsley, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, chives, salt, hot pepper sauce and reserved clam juice; cover and process until smooth.
- Cut the top fourth off one loaf of bread; carefully hollow out loaf, leaving a 1-in. shell. Set removed bread aside. Fill shell with clam mixture; replace top. Wrap tightly in heavy-duty foil; place on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cut reserved bread and the second loaf into cubes. Wrap in heavy-duty foil; place in oven during the last 15 minutes of baking. Unwrap bread bowl and remove top. Serve with bread cubes. Yield: 3-1/2 cups.
Originally published as Clam Fondue in a Bread Bowl in Taste of Home December/January 2007, p55
Reviews for Clam Fondue in a Bread Bowl
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review