--Rosemary Peterson, Archie, Missouri
12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 cans (6-1/2 ounces each) minced clams
- 6 medium potatoes, peeled and diced
- 6 medium carrots, diced
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 2 cans (12 ounces each) evaporated milk
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Drain clams, reserving liquid; set the clams aside.
- In a large kettle, combine the potatoes, carrots, onion, butter,
- water and reserved clam juice. Cook over medium heat for 15 minutes
- or until the vegetables are tender. Stir in the milk, soup, salt and
- pepper. Simmer, uncovered, until heated through. Stir in clams.
- Yield: 12 servings (3 quarts).
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 230 calories, 11 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 33 mg cholesterol, 560 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 6 g protein.