Clam Chowder Recipe
--Rosemary Peterson, Archie, Missouri
- 2 cans (6-1/2 ounces each) minced clams
- 6 medium potatoes, peeled and diced
- 6 medium carrots, diced
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 2 cans (12 ounces each) evaporated milk
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Drain clams, reserving liquid; set the clams aside.
- 2. In a large kettle, combine the potatoes, carrots, onion, butter, water and reserved clam juice. Cook over medium heat for 15 minutes or until the vegetables are tender. Stir in the milk, soup, salt and pepper. Simmer, uncovered, until heated through. Stir in clams. Yield: 12 servings (3 quarts).
1 serving (1 cup) equals 230 calories, 11 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 33 mg cholesterol, 560 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 6 g protein.
Reviews for Clam Chowder
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC