Clam Chowder for One Recipe
If you love the classic clam chowders served in many restaurants, I know you'll enjoy this recipe. It tastes better than any other versions I've tried. You'll be delighted with this soup's easy preparation.—Donna Smith, Fairport, New York
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 25 min. YIELD:1 servings
- 1/2 cup cubed peeled potato
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Pinch pepper
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 can (6-1/2 ounces) chopped clams, drained
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 bacon strip, cooked and crumbled
- Chopped fresh parsley, optional
- 1. In a small saucepan, cook potato, onion, salt and pepper in water until vegetables are tender (do not drain). Add clams, milk, butter and bacon; heat through (do not boil). Sprinkle with parsley if desired. Yield: 1 serving.
1 serving (2 cups) equals 486 calories, 30 g fat (15 g saturated fat), 99 mg cholesterol, 1,429 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 22 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC