Clam Chowder for One Recipe
- 1/2 cup cubed peeled potato
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Pinch pepper
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 can (6-1/2 ounces) chopped clams, drained
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 bacon strip, cooked and crumbled
- Chopped fresh parsley, optional
- 1. In a small saucepan, cook potato, onion, salt and pepper in water until vegetables are tender (do not drain). Add clams, milk, butter and bacon; heat through (do not boil). Sprinkle with parsley if desired. Yield: 1 serving.
2 cup: 486 calories, 30g fat (15g saturated fat), 99mg cholesterol, 1429mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 2g fiber), 22g protein
Reviews for Clam Chowder for One
"Very easy and quick. My husband liked the bacon addition. I used cream instead of milk to offset the remaining water."