Clam Chowder for One Recipe
- 1/2 cup cubed peeled potato
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Pinch pepper
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 can (6-1/2 ounces) chopped clams, drained
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 bacon strip, cooked and crumbled
- Chopped fresh parsley, optional
- In a small saucepan, cook potato, onion, salt and pepper in water until vegetables are tender (do not drain). Add clams, milk, butter and bacon; heat through (do not boil). Sprinkle with parsley if desired. Yield: 1 serving.
Originally published as Clam Chowder for One in Taste of Home April/May 1997, p12
Reviews for Clam Chowder for One
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Sep. 6, 2013
"Very easy and quick. My husband liked the bacon addition. I used cream instead of milk to offset the remaining water."