--Rosemary Peterson, Archie, Missouri
- 2 cans (6-1/2 ounces each) minced clams
- 6 medium potatoes, peeled and diced
- 6 medium carrots, diced
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 2 cans (12 ounces each) evaporated milk
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Drain clams, reserving liquid; set the clams aside.
- In a large kettle, combine the potatoes, carrots, onion, butter, water and reserved clam juice. Cook over medium heat for 15 minutes or until the vegetables are tender. Stir in the milk, soup, salt and pepper. Simmer, uncovered, until heated through. Stir in clams. Yield: 12 servings (3 quarts).
Originally published as Clam Chowder in Country Woman January/February 1993, p35
Reviews for Clam Chowder
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review