City Kabobs Recipe
- 2 pounds boneless pork, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- Hot mashed potatoes
- 1. Thread pork on small wooden skewers. Combine the flour, garlic salt and pepper on a plate; roll kabobs in flour mixture until coated.
- 2. In a large skillet over medium heat, brown kabobs in butter and oil, turning frequently; drain. Sprinkle with soup mix. Add broth and water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 8-10 minutes or until tender.
- 3. Remove kabobs and keep warm. If desired, thicken pan juices and serve with mashed potatoes and kabobs. Yield: 4-6 servings.
1 serving (2 each) equals 393 calories, 23 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 109 mg cholesterol, 986 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 33 g protein.
Reviews for City Kabobs
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.