- until smooth. Stir in raisins, lemon and orange peel and enough
- flour to form a soft dough.
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about
- 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top.
- Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Punch dough down. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; divide into 24
- pieces. Shape each into a ball. Place 2 in. apart on greased baking
- sheets. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- Beat remaining egg with water; brush over rolls. Bake at 375° for
- 20-25 minutes or until browned. Remove from pans to wire racks to
- For icing, combine sugar, butter, vanilla and enough milk to achieve
- desired consistency. Pipe an "X" on top of each bun. Yield: 2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 175 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 35 mg cholesterol, 140 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.