Citrusy Fruit Kabobs Recipe
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4-1/2 teaspoons honey
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 24 fresh strawberries
- 16 cubes fresh pineapple
- 2 small bananas, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh mint
- 1. In a small saucepan, combine the first six ingredients. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; cool to room temperature.
- 2. Alternately thread an eighth of the fruit onto one metal or soaked wooden skewer. Repeat seven times. Brush with half of glaze. Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs,
- 3. lightly coat the grill rack.
- 4. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 5-7 minutes or until lightly browned, turning occasionally and basting frequently with remaining glaze. Just before serving, sprinkle with mint. Serve warm. Yield: 8 kabobs.
1 kabob equals 83 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 2 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1 fruit.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.