Citrusy Fruit Dip
This refreshing dip is the perfect complement to fresh summer fruit. Folks just can't seem to get enough of it...the bowl is always scraped clean!
Tiffany Anderson-Taylor, Gulfport, Florida
16 ServingsPrep: 5 min. Cook: 10 min. + chilling
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- Assorted fresh fruit
- In a small saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch and salt; stir in
- the orange juice, water, lemon juice and orange and lemon peel until
- blended. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until
- thickened. Cover and refrigerate until chilled. Serve with fruit.
- Yield: 2 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 61 calories, trace fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 37 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein.