Crunchy cashews and citrus-seasoned sauce will stir your appetite for this colorful vegetable medley. "My husband requests the meatless entree often," says Dorothy Swanson of St. Louis, Missouri, "so it's on the menu at least once a month."
Recommended: Easy Fish Recipes Ready in 30 Minutes
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 cup sliced carrots
- 1 cup julienned sweet red pepper
- 1 cup julienned green pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 cups fresh or frozen snow peas
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 1/3 cup salted cashews
- 4 cups hot cooked rice
- In a bowl, combine the first seven ingredients until blended; set aside. In a large nonstick skillet or wok, stir-fry carrots and peppers in oil for 5 minutes. Add mushrooms and snow peas; stir-fry for 6 minutes. Add green onions; stir-fry for 3 minutes or until the vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Stir orange juice mixture and add to pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in cashews. Serve with rice. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Citrus Veggie Stir-Fry in Light & Tasty August/September 2001, p8
Reviews for Citrus Veggie Stir-Fry
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 7, 2016
"The citrus was overpowering in this recipe. We threw out an entire pan of veggies. What a waste."