Citrus Veggie Stir-Fry Recipe
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 cup sliced carrots
- 1 cup julienned sweet red pepper
- 1 cup julienned green pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 cups fresh or frozen snow peas
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 1/3 cup salted cashews
- 4 cups hot cooked rice
- In a bowl, combine the first seven ingredients until blended; set aside. In a large nonstick skillet or wok, stir-fry carrots and peppers in oil for 5 minutes. Add mushrooms and snow peas; stir-fry for 6 minutes. Add green onions; stir-fry for 3 minutes or until the vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Stir orange juice mixture and add to pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in cashews. Serve with rice. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Citrus Veggie Stir-Fry in Light & Tasty August/September 2001, p8
Reviews for Citrus Veggie Stir-Fry
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review