Citrus Turkey Roast Recipe
- 1 frozen boneless turkey roast, thawed (3 pounds)
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 8 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 cup chicken broth, divided
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup white wine or additional chicken broth
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- Cut roast in half. Combine the garlic powder, paprika, oil, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper; rub over turkey. Place in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Add the garlic, 1/2 cup broth, water, wine, orange juice and lemon juice. Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or until a thermometer reads 175°.
- Remove turkey and keep warm. Discard garlic cloves. For gravy, combine cornstarch and remaining broth until smooth; stir into cooking juices. Cover and cook on high for 15 minutes or until thickened. Slice turkey; serve with gravy. Yield: 12 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Citrus Turkey Roast(3)
Sort By :
I had 3 turkey breast rolls, wrapped with bacon and rosemary and tied (bought this way) that I cooked in the slow cooker following this recipe. I forgot the paprika but followed everything else and my turkey rolls were to die for along with the gravy! Since I was cooking them one day and eating the next, I was able to drain off the grease (there was not too much) and then thicken the gravy. Thanks for a wonderful recipe!
Good recipe, but seems to be lacking a little bit in the citrus flavor. Still good though.
My future son-in-law adores this and begs for it every other week. It's one of the best turkey roast recipes I've ever come across.