Citrus Tuna Steaks Recipe
- 1 medium pink grapefruit
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh dill or 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 4 tuna steak or fillets (6 ounces each)
- 1. Peel and section grapefruit over a bowl, reserving juice. Refrigerate half of the grapefruit sections. Add remaining grapefruit to the reserved grapefruit juice. Add the lemon juice, lime juice, honey, dill, red pepper flakes and ginger. Remove 1/4 cup for basting; cover and refrigerate. Pour remaining marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add the tuna steaks. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 30 minutes, turning once.
- 2. Drain and discard marinade. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill tuna, uncovered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 6-7 minutes on each side, basting frequently with reserved marinade.
- 3. Top tuna steaks with reserved grapefruit sections. Cover and cook 5 minutes longer for medium-rare or until slightly pink in the center. Yield: 4 servings.
1 tuna steak equals 224 calories, 2 g fat (trace saturated fat), 77 mg cholesterol, 63 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 40 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 1 fruit.
Reviews for Citrus Tuna Steaks
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.