Citrus Tossed Salad Recipe
"The light and tangy dressing for this citrus salad is full of fruity flavor," writes Marge Werner of Broken Arrow, Oklahoma.
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup unsweetened grapefruit juice
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons orange marmalade
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon onion powder
- 8 cups torn leaf lettuce
- 1 medium grapefruit, peeled and sectioned
- 1 medium navel orange, peeled and sectioned
- 1. In a saucepan, combine cornstarch and orange juice until smooth. Stir in the grapefruit juice, vinegar, marmalade, mustard, orange peel, garlic powder and onion powder. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- 2. Remove from the heat; refrigerate until chilled. Divide lettuce and fruit among four salad plates; drizzle with dressing. Yield: 4 servings.
2 cup: 98 calories, 1g fat (trace saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 48mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 4g fiber), 3g protein Diabetic Exchanges:1 vegetable, 1 fruit
Reviews for Citrus Tossed Salad
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC