Utilizing convenience products and a can of mandarin oranges, Janice Prytz created this lightly sweet, tasty dessert. “This is a recipe I use time and again, always with rave reviews,” writes the Murrieta, California reader.
10 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 jar (10 ounces) lemon curd
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
- 1 loaf (10-3/4 ounces) frozen pound cake, thawed
- 1 can (15 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- Place the lemon curd in a large bowl; fold in half of the whipped
- topping until blended. Split cake horizontally into three layers.
- Place bottom layer on a serving plate; spread with 1/2 cup lemon
- curd mixture. Repeat layers; replace cake top.
- Spread top with remaining lemon curd mixture. Frost sides with
- remaining whipped topping. Garnish with mandarin oranges.
- Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 10 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 303 calories, 10 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 65 mg cholesterol, 135 mg sodium, 47 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.