This is a different way to prepare pork, and my family really enjoys it. The recipe originally had only oranges, but I added the lemons for tartness and color.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 6 loin pork chops (1 inch thick)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 cup apple jelly
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- Dash ground ginger
- 6 orange slices
- 6 lemon slices
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high. Brown chops on both sides. Season with salt, pepper and paprika. Combine jelly, juices, mustard and ginger. Pour over chops.
- Cover and simmer for 15 minutes. Turn chops; cover and simmer 15 minutes longer. Top each chop with an orange and lemon slice. Cover and cook 6-8 minutes more or until juices run clear. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Citrus-Topped Pork Chops in Country Extra March 1992, p51
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Citrus-Topped Pork Chops
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review