- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup plus 8 cups water, divided
- 1/4 cup honey
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/2 cup fresh tarragaon leaves
- 4 individual Earl Grey tea bags
- OPTIONAL SUGARED RIM:
- 1/2 cup coarse sugar
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh tarragon
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- Orange wedges
- In a small saucepan, combine the sugar, orange juice, 1/4 cup water, honey and lemon and lime juices. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat. Let stand for 15 minutes. Transfer to a blender. Add tarragon leaves; cover and process for 30 seconds or until blended. Strain and set aside.
- In a large saucepan, bring remaining water to a boil. Remove from the heat; add tea bags. Cover and steep for 3-5 minutes. Discard tea bags. Stir in citrus mixture.
- If a sugared rim is desired, sprinkle the sugar, tarragon and orange peel on a plate. Using orange wedges, moisten the rims of eight mugs; hold mugs upside down and dip rim into sugar mixture. Serve warm tea in mugs. Yield: 8 servings (2 quarts).
Originally published as Citrus Tea with Tarragon in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2011, p78
Reviews for Citrus Tea with Tarragon
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review