Citrus Sweet Potatoes Recipe
- 6 medium sweet potatoes, peeled
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 cup orange juice concentrate
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, optional
- 1. Place sweet potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 40-45 minutes or until tender. Drain and cool. Cut into 1/2-in. slices. Place in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- 2. In a small saucepan, combine brown sugar and cornstarch. Whisk in orange juice concentrate and lemon peel. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Pour over sweet potatoes. Sprinkle with pecans if desired.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 30-35 minutes or until sweet potatoes are heated through and sauce is bubbly. Yield: 12 servings.
3/4 cup: 93 calories, 0g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 8mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 2g fiber), 1g protein .
Reviews for Citrus Sweet Potatoes
"This was a different way to prepare sweet potatoes."
"Can this be prepared ahead and frozen. Then baked day of serving? Thanks"
"My family loves this recipe. Even the ones that don't care for sweet potatoes!!"