Citrus Streusel Quick Bread Recipe
- 1 package lemon or orange cake mix (regular size)
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon cold butter
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 4 eggs
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 to 3 tablespoons milk
- 1. In a small bowl, combine 2 tablespoons cake mix, brown sugar and cinnamon; cut in butter until crumbly. Stir in pecans; set aside. In a large bowl, combine pudding mix, sour cream, eggs, oil and remaining cake mix; beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes.
- 2. Pour into two greased 8x4-in. loaf pans. Sprinkle with pecan mixture. Bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool in pans for 10 minutes before removing to wire racks. Combine confectioners' sugar and enough milk to achieve desired consistency; drizzle over warm bread. Yield: 2 loaves (12 slices each).
1 serving (1 slice) equals 155 calories, 7 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 33 mg cholesterol, 161 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
Reviews for Citrus Streusel Quick Bread
"I added blueberries. Real Good."
"REALLY GOOD. I have already made it twice. =)"
"Our family loves this bread, my 2 young grandchild enjoy eating this. Marcia from Wisconsin"
"I lighten this awesome recipe up a bit by using nonfat yogurt instead of sour cream. Can't even tell the difference. Thanksgiving standby!"