Citrus Streusel Quick Bread Recipe
- 1 package lemon or orange cake mix (regular size)
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon cold butter
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 4 eggs
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 to 3 tablespoons milk
- 1. In a small bowl, combine 2 tablespoons cake mix, brown sugar and cinnamon; cut in butter until crumbly. Stir in pecans; set aside. In a large bowl, combine pudding mix, sour cream, eggs, oil and remaining cake mix; beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes.
- 2. Pour into two greased 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pans. Sprinkle with pecan mixture. Bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool in pans for 10 minutes before removing to wire racks. Combine confectioners' sugar and enough milk to achieve desired consistency; drizzle over warm bread. Yield: 2 loaves (12 slices each).
1 serving (1 slice) equals 155 calories, 7 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 33 mg cholesterol, 161 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
Reviews for Citrus Streusel Quick Bread
"I added blueberries. Real Good."
"I would rate this *10* if there were stars enough. Luscious, and so easy to make. I've been retired 5 years now, and have nade this bread too many times to count. Continues to be one of our family's favorites. Thank you so much for sharing this wonderful, wonderful delight. Sincerely, Jos"
"REALLY GOOD. I have already made it twice. =)"
"Our family loves this bread, my 2 young grandchild enjoy eating this. Marcia from Wisconsin"
"I lighten this awesome recipe up a bit by using nonfat yogurt instead of sour cream. Can't even tell the difference. Thanksgiving standby!"