As a minister's wife, I do a lot of baking and cooking for church. Often, I'll find myself copying down recipes to share. This one's generally in demand. Our home's as close to the border as you can get - the river that divides our state and Kentucky joins the backyard. We have two children, 21 and 12. -Debra White, Williamson, West Virginia
- 1 package lemon or orange cake mix (regular size)
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon cold butter
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 4 eggs
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 to 3 tablespoons milk
- In a small bowl, combine 2 tablespoons cake mix, brown sugar and cinnamon; cut in butter until crumbly. Stir in pecans; set aside. In a large bowl, combine pudding mix, sour cream, eggs, oil and remaining cake mix; beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes.
- Pour into two greased 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pans. Sprinkle with pecan mixture. Bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool in pans for 10 minutes before removing to wire racks. Combine confectioners' sugar and enough milk to achieve desired consistency; drizzle over warm bread. Yield: 2 loaves (12 slices each).
Originally published as Citrus Streusel Quick Bread in Country Woman March/April 1998, p31
Reviews for Citrus Streusel Quick Bread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review