- 1 package lemon or orange cake mix (regular size)
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon cold butter
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 4 eggs
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 to 3 tablespoons milk
- In a small bowl, combine 2 tablespoons cake mix, brown sugar and cinnamon; cut in butter until crumbly. Stir in pecans; set aside. In a large bowl, combine pudding mix, sour cream, eggs, oil and remaining cake mix; beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes.
- Pour into two greased 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pans. Sprinkle with pecan mixture. Bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool in pans for 10 minutes before removing to wire racks. Combine confectioners' sugar and enough milk to achieve desired consistency; drizzle over warm bread. Yield: 2 loaves (12 slices each).
Reviews for Citrus Streusel Quick Bread
"I added blueberries. Real Good."
"This is the GREAT quick bread recipe! I changed one thing only -- I used a Spice Cake Mix. Between the tastey topping and cinnoman it did not taste like it started with a cake mix."
"I would rate this *10* if there were stars enough. Luscious, and so easy to make. I've been retired 5 years now, and have nade this bread too many times to count. Continues to be one of our family's favorites. Thank you so much for sharing this wonderful, wonderful delight. Sincerely, Jos"
"This bread has good flavor but we could definitely tell that it started from a box cake mix. It had that commercial cake mix taste to it. It also has a much lighter texture and comes off as being more of a cake than a bread."
"REALLY GOOD. I have already made it twice. =)"