Your family will think you spent hours on this beautiful main dish salad with its from-scratch dressing, but it's an absolute cinch! —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon chili sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 8 cups torn romaine
- 3/4 pound cooked beef sirloin steak, sliced
- 2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 medium red onion, sliced
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 cup pecan halves, toasted
- 1/2 cup fresh goat cheese, crumbled
- In a small bowl, whisk the first eight ingredients; set aside. Divide romaine among four plates; top with steak, strawberries, onion, oranges, pecans and cheese. Serve with vinaigrette. Yield: 4 servings (1 cup vinaigrette).
Originally published as Citrus Steak Salad in Simple & Delicious June/July 2011, p51
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Citrus Steak Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review