Citrus Spinach Salad Recipe
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lime peel
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 10 cups torn fresh spinach
- 3 medium navel oranges, peeled and sectioned
- 2 medium pink grapefruit, peeled and sectioned
- 1 medium red onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 1. In a blender, combine the honey, lime juice, lime peel and nutmeg; cover and process until blended. While processing, gradually add oil in a steady stream until dressing is thickened.
- 2. In a large salad bowl, combine the spinach, oranges and grapefruit. Drizzle with dressing; toss to coat. Top with onion. Serve immediately. Yield: 12 servings.
1 each: 109 calories, 6g fat (1g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 21mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 2g fiber), 1g protein
Reviews for Citrus Spinach Salad
"Great with olive oil. Has a unique taste. Very delicious!~ Theresa"