Citrus Spinach Salad Recipe
Grapefruit and orange segments add zest to this delightful salad that's tossed with a pleasant honey-lime dressing. It's perfect for a springtime luncheon or shower. -Pauline Taylor, Spokane, Washington
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 15 min. YIELD:12 servings
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lime peel
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 10 cups torn fresh spinach
- 3 medium navel oranges, peeled and sectioned
- 2 medium pink grapefruit, peeled and sectioned
- 1 medium red onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 1. In a blender, combine the honey, lime juice, lime peel and nutmeg; cover and process until blended. While processing, gradually add oil in a steady stream until dressing is thickened.
- 2. In a large salad bowl, combine the spinach, oranges and grapefruit. Drizzle with dressing; toss to coat. Top with onion. Serve immediately. Yield: 12 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 109 calories, 6 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 21 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 1 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC