- 3 quarts water
- 5 individual tea bags
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup boiling water
- 3 to 4 cinnamon sticks (3 to 4 inches)
- 1 tablespoon whole cloves
- 3/4 cup thawed lemonade concentrate
- 3/4 cup thawed orange juice concentrate
- 2 cans (6 ounces each) DOLE® Canned 100% Pineapple Juice
- Additional cinnamon sticks, optional
- In a large kettle or Dutch oven, bring water to a simmer; turn off heat. Add tea bags, cover and steep for 3-5 minutes. Remove and discard bags.
- In a bowl, dissolve sugar in boiling water. Add cinnamon sticks and cloves; cover and steep for 15 minutes. Add concentrates and pineapple juice; mix well. Strain and discard spices. Stir into tea; heat through. Serve with cinnamon sticks for stirrers if desired. Yield: 3-1/2 quarts.
Originally published as Spiced Tea in Country Woman January/February 1998, p24
Reviews for Citrus Spiced Tea
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review