Citrus-Spiced Roast Chicken Recipe
- 3 tablespoons orange marmalade
- 4-1/2 teaspoons chopped chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (4 pounds)
- Preheat oven to 350°. Mix marmalade, chipotle peppers, garlic, 1/2 teaspoon salt and cumin. With fingers, carefully loosen skin from chicken; rub mixture under the skin.
- Place chicken on a rack in a shallow roasting pan, breast side up. Tuck wings under chicken; tie drumsticks together. Rub skin with remaining salt.
- Roast 1 to 1-1/4 hours or until a thermometer inserted in thigh reads 180°. Baste occasionally with pan drippings. (Cover loosely with foil if chicken browns too quickly.)
- Remove chicken from oven; tent with foil. Let stand 15 minutes before carving. Remove and discard skin before serving. If desired, skim fat and thicken pan drippings for gravy. Serve with chicken. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Citrus-Spiced Roast Chicken in Healthy Cooking Annual Recipes Annual 2014
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Citrus-Spiced Roast Chicken
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Baked Chicken >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Dinners >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Low Carb Dinner Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Mexican Chicken Recipes >