I am the designated Thanksgiving host in my family because of my chipotle citrus roast turkey. Even finicky eaters love it. That's why I use the same recipe for chicken, so we can enjoy it year-round. —Robin Haas, Cranston, Rhode Island
Recommended: 52 Impressive Slow Cooker Recipes to Wow Your Guests
- 3 tablespoons orange marmalade
- 4-1/2 teaspoons chopped chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (4 pounds)
- Preheat oven to 350°. Mix marmalade, chipotle peppers, garlic, 1/2 teaspoon salt and cumin. With fingers, carefully loosen skin from chicken; rub mixture under the skin.
- Place chicken on a rack in a shallow roasting pan, breast side up. Tuck wings under chicken; tie drumsticks together. Rub skin with remaining salt. Roast 1 to 1-1/4 hours or until a thermometer inserted in thickest part of thigh reads 170°-175°, covering with foil halfway through cooking to prevent overbrowning.
- Remove chicken from oven; let stand, loosely covered, 15 minutes before carving. Remove and discard skin before serving. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Citrus-Spiced Roast Chicken in Healthy Recipes 2014, p18
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Citrus-Spiced Roast Chicken
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review