Lemon, lime and orange bring a burst of sunny citrus flavor to marinated olives that are great for nibbling on at holiday buffets. You can even blend the olives and spread the mixture onto baguette slices.—Ann Sheehy, Lawrence, Massachusetts
Recommended: Spring-ish Recipes to Make In April
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 3 tablespoons salt-free seasoning blend
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 teaspoons each grated orange, lemon and lime peels
- 3 tablespoons each orange, lemon and lime juices
- 4 cups mixed pitted olives
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Add citrus peels and juices; whisk until blended. Add olives and toss to coat. Refrigerate, covered, at least 4 hours before serving. Yield: 4 cups.
Originally published as Citrus Spiced Olives in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2010, p122
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Citrus Spiced Olives
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 25, 2012