Citrus Spiced Olives
Lemon, lime and orange bring a burst of sunny citrus flavor to marinated olives that are great for nibbling on at holiday buffets. You can even blend the olives and spread the mixture onto baguette slices.Ann Sheehy, Lawrence, Massachusetts
16 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 3 tablespoons salt-free seasoning blend
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 teaspoons each grated orange, lemon and lime peels
- 3 tablespoons each orange, lemon and lime juices
- 4 cups mixed pitted olives
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Add citrus peels
- and juices; whisk until blended. Add olives and toss to coat.
- Refrigerate, covered, at least 4 hours before serving. Yield: 4
Nutritional Facts: 1/4 cup equals 74 calories, 7 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 248 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, trace protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.