Citrus Spiced Coffee Recipe
Rouse sleepyheads out of bed with big cups of this anything-but-average cup of joe from our Test Kitchen. Brewed with lemon peel then stirred into mugs with a pineapple-sugar mixture, it adds zest to morning routines.
- 3/4 cup ground coffee
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 cup water
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 cinnamon sticks (3 inches)
- 2 fresh orange slices
- 2 tablespoons DOLE® Canned 100% Pineapple Juice
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1. Place the coffee grounds in a filter or basket of a coffeemaker; add lemon peel. Prepare nine cups brewed coffee according to manufacturer's directions.
- 2. In a small saucepan, combine water, brown sugar, cinnamon sticks, orange slices, pineapple juice and vanilla. Cook and stir over medium heat until sugar is dissolved. Strain; discard cinnamon and oranges. Pour sugar mixture into mugs; add coffee. Stir. Yield: 9 servings.
1 cup: 90 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 9mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (20g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fruit.
Reviews for Citrus Spiced Coffee
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC