Citrus Spiced Coffee Recipe
Rouse sleepyheads out of bed with big cups of this anything-but-average cup of joe from our Test Kitchen. Brewed with lemon peel then stirred into mugs with a pineapple-sugar mixture, it adds zest to morning routines.
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 15 min. YIELD:9 servings
- 3/4 cup ground coffee
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 cup water
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 cinnamon sticks (3 inches)
- 2 fresh orange slices
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened pineapple juice
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1. Place the coffee grounds in a filter or basket of a coffeemaker; add lemon peel. Prepare nine cups brewed coffee according to manufacturer's directions.
- 2. In a small saucepan, combine water, brown sugar, cinnamon sticks, orange slices, pineapple juice and vanilla. Cook and stir over medium heat until sugar is dissolved. Strain; discard cinnamon and oranges. Pour sugar mixture into mugs; add coffee. Stir. Yield: 9 servings.
1 cup equals 90 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 9 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC