- 3/4 cup ground coffee
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 cup water
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 cinnamon sticks (3 inches)
- 2 fresh orange slices
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened pineapple juice
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Place the coffee grounds in a filter or basket of a coffeemaker; add lemon peel. Prepare nine cups brewed coffee according to manufacturer's directions.
- In a small saucepan, combine water, brown sugar, cinnamon sticks, orange slices, pineapple juice and vanilla. Cook and stir over medium heat until sugar is dissolved. Strain; discard cinnamon and oranges. Pour sugar mixture into mugs; add coffee. Stir. Yield: 9 servings.
Originally published as Citrus Spiced Coffee in Simple & Delicious March/April 2006, p44
Reviews for Citrus Spiced Coffee
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review