Citrus-Spice Glazed Salmon Recipe
- 4 salmon fillets (6 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons orange marmalade
- 1 teaspoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon Chinese five-spice powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1. Line a baking sheet with foil; grease foil. Place salmon on the baking sheet.
- 2. Place marmalade in a small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave for 10 seconds or until warmed. Stir in the soy sauce, five-spice powder, salt and ginger. Spoon over salmon.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Yield: 4 servings.
1 fillet equals 291 calories, 16 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 85 mg cholesterol, 215 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 29 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 1/2 starch.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.