- 1 fully cooked bone-in ham (7 to 9 pounds)
- 1/2 cup orange juice, divided
- 1 teaspoon Chinese five-spice powder
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 medium oranges, peeled and sectioned
- 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened pineapple tidbits, drained
- Preheat oven to 325°. Place ham on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Cover and bake until a thermometer reads 130°, 2-1/2 to 3 hours.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine 1/4 cup orange juice and Chinese five-spice powder; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, until thickened, 1-2 minutes. Stir in brown sugar and honey. In a small bowl, mix cornstarch and remaining orange juice until smooth; stir into brown sugar mixture. Return to a boil, stirring constantly; cook and stir until thickened, 1-2 minutes.
- Remove ham from oven. Brush with half of the glaze. Bake ham, uncovered, until a thermometer reads 140°, 15-20 minutes. Just before serving, stir fruit into remaining glaze; heat through. Serve with ham. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Citrus-Spice Glazed Ham in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2015, p132
Reviews for Citrus-Spice Glazed Ham
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review