Citrus Sour Cream Pie Recipe
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 egg yolks, beaten
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 2/3 cup 2% milk
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 graham cracker crust (9 inches)
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Grated orange peel
- Optional fruit toppings: mandarin oranges, sliced fresh strawberries and sliced kiwifruit
- 1. In a large microwave-safe bowl, combine sugar and cornstarch. In a small bowl, combine the egg yolks, orange juice, milk and lemon juice; stir into sugar mixture until smooth.
- 2. Microwave on high for 5-7 minutes or just until mixture reaches 160°, stirring every minute. Cool to room temperature; press plastic wrap onto surface of custard. Refrigerate until chilled.
- 3. Fold in sour cream; pour filling into crust. Cover and chill for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- 4. Just before serving, in a large bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add confectioners' sugar and vanilla; beat until stiff peaks form. Spread over pie. Sprinkle with orange peel; top with fruit if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
1 piece (calculated without fruit toppings) equals 386 calories, 23 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 113 mg cholesterol, 155 mg sodium, 41 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 4 g protein.
Reviews for Citrus Sour Cream Pie
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.