- 2/3 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 egg yolks, beaten
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 2/3 cup 2% milk
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 graham cracker crust (9 inches)
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- Grated orange peel
- Optional fruit toppings: mandarin oranges, sliced fresh strawberries and sliced kiwifruit
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, combine sugar and cornstarch. In a small bowl, combine the egg yolks, orange juice, milk and lemon juice; stir into sugar mixture until smooth.
- Microwave on high for 5-7 minutes or just until mixture reaches 160°, stirring every minute. Cool to room temperature; press plastic wrap onto surface of custard. Refrigerate until chilled.
- Fold in sour cream; pour filling into crust. Cover and chill for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Just before serving, in a large bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add confectioners' sugar and vanilla; beat until stiff peaks form. Spread over pie. Sprinkle with orange peel; top with fruit if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Citrus Sour Cream Pie
Sort By :
"I started by replacing the sour cream with light sour cream and using 1/2 C stevia in the Raw C for C.For the topping I used lite Cool Whip and used the orange peal and fruit just as you did. I haven't figured the calories saved, fat saved or sugar saved, but I know I took out all the guilt!"
"Delicious and easy to make. I made it 3 different times, one being Easter dessert. It was a big hit and I have requests to make it again. I heated it on the stove vs the microwave though. Great recipe!"