- 2/3 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 egg yolks, beaten
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 2/3 cup 2% milk
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 graham cracker crust (9 inches)
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Grated orange peel
- Optional fruit toppings: mandarin oranges, sliced fresh strawberries and sliced kiwifruit
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, combine sugar and cornstarch. In a small bowl, combine the egg yolks, orange juice, milk and lemon juice; stir into sugar mixture until smooth.
- Microwave on high for 5-7 minutes or just until mixture reaches 160°, stirring every minute. Cool to room temperature; press plastic wrap onto surface of custard. Refrigerate until chilled.
- Fold in sour cream; pour filling into crust. Cover and chill for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Just before serving, in a large bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add confectioners' sugar and vanilla; beat until stiff peaks form. Spread over pie. Sprinkle with orange peel; top with fruit if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Citrus Sour Cream Pie
"Delicious and easy to prepare. This is a keeper exactly as written. Definitely a 5* recipe. Ignore the rating by Selkat as there were so many changes to this recipe that she or he created their own recipe and reviewed it, not the original."
"I started by replacing the sour cream with light sour cream and using 1/2 C stevia in the Raw C for C.For the topping I used lite Cool Whip and used the orange peal and fruit just as you did. I haven't figured the calories saved, fat saved or sugar saved, but I know I took out all the guilt!"