Citrus Sirloin Steak Recipe
The mild citrus flavor of Carol Towey's marinade offers a nice change of pace from usual steak seasonings. "It's easy to prepare the steak the night before, then throw it on the grill before dinner," says the Pasadena, California cook.
- 2 medium unpeeled lemons, quartered
- 1 medium unpeeled orange, quartered
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 beef top sirloin steak (about 2-1/2 pounds and about 1-3/4 inches thick)
- 1. In a skillet, cook the lemon and orange wedges in oil over medium heat for 10-15 minutes, stirring often. Add garlic; cook and stir 1-2 minutes longer. Place steak in a shallow glass baking dish; pierce meat every inch with a fork. Pour citrus mixture over meat; turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate overnight, turning three or four times.
- 2. Drain and discard marinade. On a covered grill over medium-hot heat, cook steak for 9-10 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews for Citrus Sirloin Steak
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC