Citrus Sirloin Steak Recipe
- 2 medium unpeeled lemons, quartered
- 1 medium unpeeled orange, quartered
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 beef top sirloin steak (about 2-1/2 pounds and about 1-3/4 inches thick)
- In a skillet, cook the lemon and orange wedges in oil over medium heat for 10-15 minutes, stirring often. Add garlic; cook and stir 1-2 minutes longer. Place steak in a shallow glass baking dish; pierce meat every inch with a fork. Pour citrus mixture over meat; turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate overnight, turning three or four times.
- Drain and discard marinade. On a covered grill over medium-hot heat, cook steak for 9-10 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Citrus Sirloin Steak in Quick Cooking May/June 1998, p19
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Citrus Sirloin Steak
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review