Citrus Shrimp Salad Recipe
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat plain yogurt
- 4-1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup fat-free Italian salad dressing
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped green onions
- 2 pounds cooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 8 cups torn romaine
- 2 cups pink grapefruit sections (about 2 large)
- 2 navel orange sections (3 to 4 large)
- 1. In a large bowl, whisk together the first eight ingredients in the order listed. Add shrimp; toss to coat. Let stand for 15-30 minutes. Drain, reserving the marinade.
- 2. Arrange romaine on a serving platter or individual plates; top with shrimp, grapefruit and oranges. Drizzle with reserved marinade. Yield: 8 servings.
1 cup: 270 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 173mg cholesterol, 350mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (29g sugars, 6g fiber), 26g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 fruit.
Reviews for Citrus Shrimp Salad
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.