"I first tasted this refreshing salad at a gathering I attended with my sister," recalls Nancy Rollag of Kewaskum, Wisconsin. "I pestered her until she got me a copy of the recipe."
Recommended: 32 Super-Refreshing Dinners to Make This Winter
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat plain yogurt
- 4-1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup fat-free Italian salad dressing
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped green onions
- 2 pounds cooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 8 cups torn romaine
- 2 cups pink grapefruit sections (about 2 large)
- 2 navel orange sections (3 to 4 large)
- In a large bowl, whisk together the first eight ingredients in the order listed. Add shrimp; toss to coat. Let stand for 15-30 minutes. Drain, reserving the marinade.
- Arrange romaine on a serving platter or individual plates; top with shrimp, grapefruit and oranges. Drizzle with reserved marinade. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Citrus Shrimp Salad in Taste of Home April/May 2001, p16
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Citrus Shrimp Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review