This classic dessert gets an update when fresh berries meet the convenience of prepared whipped topping, individual sponge cakes and other packaged items. It's fast and delicious when time is short. Sometimes I use scones instead of shortcakes.Ron Gardner, Grand Haven, Michigan
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 cup (8 ounces) lemon yogurt
- 1 cup whipped topping
- 4 individual round sponge cakes
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2-2/3 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- In a small bowl, combine the yogurt and whipped topping. Place sponge
- cakes on dessert plates; drizzle with orange juice. Spread with half
- of the yogurt mixture. Top with strawberries and remaining yogurt
- mixture. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 shortcake with 1/2 cup yogurt mixture and 2/3 cup strawberries equals 238 calories, 6 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 31 mg cholesterol, 214 mg sodium, 40 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 5 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.