Citrus Sherbet Torte Recipe
- 1 package (16 ounces) angel food cake mix
- 2 pints orange sherbet
- 2 pints lime sherbet
- 1 carton (12 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Assorted cake decorator sprinkles, optional
- 1. Prepare and bake cake according to package directions, using an ungreased 10-in. tube pan. Cool.
- 2. Immediately invert pan; cool completely, about 1 hour. Run a knife around side and center tube of pan; split horizontally into three layers.
- 3. Place bottom layer on a serving plate; spread with orange sherbet. Top with the second layer; spread with lime sherbet. Top with remaining cake layer. Frost top and sides with whipped topping. Decorate with colored sprinkles if desired. Freeze until serving. Yield: 12-14 servings.
1 piece: 305 calories, 6g fat (5g saturated fat), 5mg cholesterol, 278mg sodium, 59g carbohydrate (46g sugars, trace fiber), 4g protein
Reviews for Citrus Sherbet Torte
"I make homemade angel food cake when I do it, but it's so scrumptious. Change up the sherbet, use light Cool Whip - fabulous:)"
"So fun and my kids loved this! Super pretty too!"
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.