Citrus Sherbet Torte Recipe
- 1 package (16 ounces) angel food cake mix
- 2 pints orange sherbet
- 2 pints lime sherbet
- 1 carton (12 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Assorted cake decorator sprinkles, optional
- 1. Prepare and bake cake according to package directions, using an ungreased 10-in. tube pan. Cool.
- 2. Immediately invert pan; cool completely, about 1 hour. Run a knife around side and center tube of pan; split horizontally into three layers.
- 3. Place bottom layer on a serving plate; spread with orange sherbet. Top with the second layer; spread with lime sherbet. Top with remaining cake layer. Frost top and sides with whipped topping. Decorate with colored sprinkles if desired. Freeze until serving. Yield: 12-14 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 305 calories, 6 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 5 mg cholesterol, 278 mg sodium, 59 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 4 g protein.
Reviews for Citrus Sherbet Torte
"I make homemade angel food cake when I do it, but it's so scrumptious. Change up the sherbet, use light Cool Whip - fabulous:)"
"So fun and my kids loved this! Super pretty too!"
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.