Citrus Sherbet Torte Recipe
"When my mother-in-law first served this torte, I thought it was the prettiest dessert I ever saw," recalls Betty Tabb of Mifflintown, Pennsylvania. "Not only does it keep well in the freezer, but different flavors of sherbet can be used to reflect the colors of the season."
- 1 package (16 ounces) angel food cake mix
- 2 pints orange sherbet
- 2 pints lime sherbet
- 1 carton (12 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Assorted cake decorator sprinkles, optional
- Prepare and bake cake according to package directions, using an ungreased 10-in. tube pan. Cool.
- Immediately invert pan; cool completely, about 1 hour. Run a knife around side and center tube of pan; split horizontally into three layers.
- Place bottom layer on a serving plate; spread with orange sherbet. Top with the second layer; spread with lime sherbet. Top with remaining cake layer. Frost top and sides with whipped topping. Decorate with colored sprinkles if desired. Freeze until serving. Yield: 12-14 servings.
Originally published as Citrus Sherbet Torte in Quick Cooking July/August 2002, p37
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Citrus Sherbet Torte(2)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review