Citrus-Scented Geranium Cookies Recipe
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped lemon-, lime-, or orange geranium petals
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon almond extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- LEMON GLAZE:
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 to 3 teaspoons water
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and confectioners' sugar. Beat in the egg, geranium leaves, lemon juice and extracts. Combine the flour, baking soda and cream of tartar; gradually add to creamed mixture. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or until easy to handle.
- 2. Divide dough in half. On a lightly floured surface, roll out each portion to 1/4-in. thickness. Cut with a 2-in. cookie cutter dipped in sugar. Place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 9-10 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool. In a small bowl, combine glaze ingredients. Brush over cooled cookies. Yield: 3 dozen.
1 each: 112 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 20mg cholesterol, 88mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (8g sugars, trace fiber), 1g protein
Reviews for Citrus-Scented Geranium Cookies
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.