- 18-24 hours, turning several times.
- Drain and discard brine. Rinse turkey under cold water; pat dry.
- Place the lemon, orange, onion, thyme and reserved garlic in both
- cavities. Rub oil over skin. Skewer turkey openings; tie drumsticks
- Place turkey breast side up on a rack in a roasting pan. Bake,
- uncovered, at 325° for 4 to 4-1/2 hours or until a meat
- thermometer reads 160° (cover loosely with foil if turkey browns
- too quickly). Let stand for 15 minutes before removing contents from
- cavities and carving the turkey. Yield: 12-14 servings.
Editor’s Note: This recipe was tested with Morton brand kosher salt. It is best not to use a prebasted turkey for this recipe.
Wine: Medium-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer