Citrus Scallops Recipe
- 1 medium green or sweet red pepper, julienned
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound sea scallops
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lime peel
- 4 medium navel oranges, peeled and sectioned
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh cilantro
- Hot cooked rice or pasta
- 1. In a large skillet, saute the pepper, onions and garlic in oil for 1 minute. Add scallops, salt and pepper flakes; cook for 4 minutes. Add lime juice and peel; cook for 1 minute. Reduce heat. Add orange sections and cilantro; cook 2 minutes longer or until scallops are opaque. Serve with rice or pasta. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (calculated without rice or pasta): 240 calories, 8g fat (1g saturated fat), 37mg cholesterol, 482mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 4g fiber), 21g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1-1/2 fat, 1 fruit.
Reviews for Citrus Scallops
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.