My husband and I like to eat seafood at least once a week. Oranges and lemon juice give scallops a refreshing burst of flavor.
- 1 medium green or sweet red pepper, julienned
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound sea scallops
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lime peel
- 4 medium navel oranges, peeled and sectioned
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh cilantro
- Hot cooked rice or pasta
- In a large skillet, saute the pepper, onions and garlic in oil for 1 minute. Add scallops, salt and pepper flakes; cook for 4 minutes. Add lime juice and peel; cook for 1 minute. Reduce heat. Add orange sections and cilantro; cook 2 minutes longer or until scallops are opaque. Serve with rice or pasta. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Citrus Scallops in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2004, p46
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Citrus Scallops
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review